Friday, April 16, 2010

!! Food

Went over to D's place yesterday after piano lesson and he made lunch for me. It was meant to be a surprise but that silly boy left "how to make spaghetti" on his fav bar when i was using his laptop last week, so yes i burst my own bubble.
Still, it was sweet enough for him to want to do something for me. To me, it means a lot when someone does something he doesn't usually do for me. For him, that's cooking. Cooking something that's not instant, and cooking something that i like. It was even a joy for me to see him making blunders while preparing the food like not being able to crack an egg and keeping just the yolk properly, taking out his entire selection of knives at home just to slice bacon when a scissors could have done an easier job, and panicking when the ends of the pasta got burnt etc etc. I'm not gloating at your mistakes, but i'm touched that you persisted making a real authentic carbonara without cutting short of every step despite the blunders.
I appreciate it (:


chef daniel at work while i sat down looking at him cos he didn't exactly allowed me to help him!
haha finding joy in cutting bacon.
And i just wanted a picture taken while he's getting busy. Pardon my makeup-less face, been getting lazy and unbothered to put eyeliner or other things. Besides, i kinda like my face this way - does my complexion good (:



HAHAH that's him showing me all his knives one by one and asking me for opinion on which kinda knife is best for cutting bacon.

And the final product...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Bacon Carbonara!
I was really impressed cos
1stly. i like cooking and i do cook carbonara but even i do the instant cream ones but he totally blew my mind with this self made sauce using a few ingredients.
2ndly. this coming from a guy, need i say more??
3rdly. It's his first time making pasta and this wasn't substandard at all!

We had chocolate brownie after that! (:




Wednesday was spent at my place with D too. He came over early in the morning at 8ish and we had macs breakfast. Headed back to my place to crash, and he helped me with juicemarket website after that!
Bus-ed down to cine for suki sushi at night.
We got free chocolate ice cream from suki for making us wait DAMN long for the food we ordered. Heheh


It was good two days spent with D and honestly, i can't be thankful enough to have him now.
I know you're reading this space. Lock those words in your mind, everything that i said in all the messages i sent to you yesterday. Know that you're not alone, luv.
Hokayyyy, gonna go out to meet vera naoooo!
Tata!